Top social media trends for your 2022 marketing strategy
Your customers are already searching, liking and sharing their favourite products, brands and services on social media—and they’re spending more time on these sites than ever before. But this activity doesn’t stop at consumer products, they are using social media in all aspects of their lives.
Investing in social media marketing can help you grow your business thanks to its cost-effective advertising, smooth eCommerce capabilities, and the ability to give your brand a way to engage with your customers in a human way.
If it’s not easy for them to find you online, they can easily become frustrated and find another provider that better serves their needs.
Social media has become an essential part of the marketing mix, with more than three billion people worldwide spending over two hours a day socializing on social networks and messaging apps. Your business can tap into this pool of potential customers to increase user engagement and gain new leads—but you need to build a social media strategy that accurately reflects your business’s goals.
That’s why looking to the experts for their social media top tips and trends can be a great place to start as you begin to build your marketing and social media strategy.
Hubspot recently shared their top to trends to look out for in 2022 and beyond
- TikTok will dominate the social media space.
- Reaching new audiences will become the number one social media goal for businesses.
- Companies will make more dedicated social media hires.
- Augmented Reality will become consumers’ preferred way to try-on products and interact with brands.
- Businesses in the B2B space will increase their investments in Instagram and Twitter.
- Influencer marketing will mature in 2022.
- Social advertising will become more sophisticated.
- Businesses will invest in more long-form and short-form content, as well as live audio chat rooms.
- Social selling demands will grow.
- Consumers will crave snackable content.
There are many social media trends reports circulating but they all seem to share the same ideas, this is interesting when many brands have written off platforms like TikTok, seeing them as a fast-growing pandemic fad or influencer marketing as low return on investment.
As marketers, it is interesting to be part of an industry that is constantly evolving, and with now people more than ever using social media to inform their purchasing decisions, it has never been more important to ensure you’re making the most of the tools and platforms available to you. When social media isn’t prioritized, organizations miss out on the
opportunity to optimize platforms and turn them into revenue generators.
If you’re looking to reach new audiences, trial new platforms, increase your paid social investments or create snackable content to share your story, then our marketing team which includes experts within the social media sphere can help guide you through the process.