Founded in 2007, Veeva is a leading global provider of cloud-based software solutions for regulated industries such as consumer goods, chemicals, cosmetics, and life sciences.
Their applications enable manufacturers to realize the benefits of a modern, cloud-based platform to manage the product journey and bring innovative, high-quality products to market faster without compromising industry-specific functionality, quality or regulatory compliance.
Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
In 2016 Veeva was looking for support with bookkeeping to streamline their financial process, the existing team were already stretched, and additional resources were required. They were looking for a finance professional to ensure that their reporting was kept up date and effectively used by the wider teams going forward.
Designated provided Bookkeeping support that included:
- Raising vendor POs
- Processing invoices
- Monitoring actual expenditure vs budget
- Providing monthly reports, monthly accruals
- Supporting the annual budgeting process,
- Budget maintenance
- Large event budget management
- Liaising with accounts payable and legal personnel.
- Plus: vendor contract administration, sponsorship contract administration, clean up of CRM data, creating customer data lists and other administration tasks.
Scope of work
- Support with bookkeeping to streamline their financial process,
- Monthly administration duties to take the pressure off of the existing accountancy team, raising vendor po’s and processing invoices as well as regular reporting.
With the support of Designated, productivity and efficiency within the team increased. The Veeva finance team were able to focus on the bigger picture rather on the immediate, urgent monthly tasks that had shorter deadlines.