A recent study undertaken by Loughborough University, has discovered a direct link between email management and stress!

The researchers explored the physiological and psychological impact on employees in a UK government agency. They  tracked blood pressure, heart rate and cortisol levels amongst a group of 30 staff, as well as asking the participants to keep diaries.

The researchers found a direct link between email management and stress that indicated employees were more prone to increased stress when reading and sending emails, and less susceptible when retrieving and filing email messages.  This was indicated not only by raised cortisol levels, but also increased blood pressure and heart rate.

Another survey monitoring 500 I.T decision makers revealed that;

  • Respondents spent an average of 4 hours sending 32 emails each day, with 39% regularly using email outside working hours too.
  • Only 14% of email is rated ‘crucial’ to work, while 40% is either of functional or low importance.
  • 8% of work email is spam and 10% personal correspondence.
  • Only 25% of users were ‘very satisfied’ with email

How To GREATLY Reduce Email Stress - My Top 6 Tips!

So what can you do as a small business/startup that is completely OVERWHELMED by their inbox?

Incorporate a few simple tips into your daily routine! Here are my top 6;

  • Prioritise – 30% as important, defer the other 70%
  • Have a ‘Reply by 00/00/00’ folder for your deferred emails
  • Create some templates, especially if you send similar mail
  • Only read emails that are RELEVANT to you – Place the others in the deferred folder
  • Use the 1 minute rule – If it takes less than 1 minute, do it now
  • Unsubscribe from emails that you don’t read – It may be time consuming but you’ll be thanking your inbox on Monday morning.

But what if these steps are simply not enough? You need assistance bringing to your attention what you should prioritise and what can be deferred? You no longer have time to even CHECK up to 80 new emails a day AND manage your startup/small business? You STILL didn’t get a chance to respond to 50 emails left over from yesterday? I feel stressed just thinking about it! Then it’s about time you admitted you need to delegate and ……

OUTSOURCE to Designated PA!

We are an award winning PA company with extensive experience and solid references from enthusiastic clients. We’ve been managing some of our clients emails for nearly 3 years now and they regularly recommend us to their business associates too.

One of experienced, corporate PAs can take over managing your inbox so you can get back to doing YOUR job. Ensuring your business runs smoothly.

Get in touch today and let’s get this email stress in check!

 
Phone – +44 (0)20 7952 1460
Address -8 St James’s Square
London SW1Y 4JU