At Designated, we consider our marketing team experts in their field. We have a diverse and vibrant selection of clients who rely on us to advise, grow and support their business and we want to provide them with first class and affordable marketing solutions.
As a Web Designer you will work collaboratively with the marketing team to create the look, layout, and features of a client’s website. The job involves understanding both graphic design and computer programming. Once a website is created, the web designer will help with maintenance and additions to the website.
Your task is to work with the development teams or managers in keeping the site up-to-date and prioritizing needs, among other tasks.
This is a dynamic and demanding role that requires you to build trust and loyalty with your clients to ensure effective working relationships.
You will act as an ambassador for Designated and a champion for our full suite of services. Your job is to ensure that Designated clients are given the best solutions possible.
As a Web Designer, you will be responsible for;
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them.
- drawing up detailed website specifications and visual site maps.
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours.
- designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs.
- registering web domain names and organising the hosting of the website.
- presenting initial design ideas to clients.
- coding using a variety of software.
- working with different content management systems.
- search engine optimisation (SEO).
- meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy.
- designing the website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding policy or client requirements.
- proofreading content and making changes where necessary.
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages.
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers.
- liaising with outside agencies.
- testing the website to ensure it is working.
- handing the completed website over to the client.
- post-sales technical support.
- training client’s staff.
- researching current design trends
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments,
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing, website and social media marketing.
- Programming – .net, XML/XSLT, ASP, PHP, Python, Django.
- Design and graphics – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash.
- Content management system (CMS) – WordPress, Elegant Themes – Divi.
- Degree education in IT, business and technology or digital media, graphic design or other related subject is preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of web experience including knowledge of HTML, CSS, programming language and blogging.
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- A genuine interest in digital marketing and web design.
- A commitment to keeping technical skills and knowledge up to date.
- An inquisitive mind and creative vision.
- A good understanding of the wider marketing context.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to self-teach new technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to educate, inform, manipulate and mediate across a number of stakeholders in an organisation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Some experience and knowledge of web hosting.
- Experience of freelance work.