At Designated, we consider our Marketing team experts in their field. We have a diverse and vibrant selection of clients who rely on us to advise, grow and support their business and we want to provide them with first class and affordable marketing solutions.
As a SEO Specialist you will work collaboratively with the marketing team to identify strategies, techniques and tactics to increase the number of visitors to a client’s website and obtain a high-ranking placement in the search results page of search engines.
Your task is to optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization, perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities and perform research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success.
This is a dynamic and demanding role that requires you to build trust and loyalty with your clients to ensure effective working relationships.
You will act as an ambassador for Designated and a champion for our full suite of services. Your job is to ensure that Designated clients are given the best solutions possible.
As a Designated SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for;
- run pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns to increase revenue through sponsored online advertising.
- write original content for webpages – tailored for the target audience
- make technical recommendations to developers.
- constantly checking search terms, rankings and analytics to monitor performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement.
- engage with other businesses (affiliates) over link-building opportunities, to bring in paid commission for driving customers to their websites.
- employ user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimisation methods to turn visitors into more active users and to help improve website performance.
- drive targeted and loyal traffic to a website by community building.
- use social media to distribute content and encourage more external sites to link to your content – giving you more authority.
- develop and integrate content marketing strategies.
- monitor the algorithms set by the search engines to keep up to date with changes.
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing, website and social media marketing.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep abreast of ever changing demands of online marketing
- Degree education in IT, business and technology or marketing is preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of web experience including knowledge of HTML, CSS, programming language and blogging.
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Ability to prioritise and develop relevant and engaging content.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- A genuine interest in SEO and/or digital marketing
- Evidence of a strong personal online profile, e.g. a blog, website or connections and interactions on various social media platforms
- A commitment to keeping your technical skills and knowledge up to date
- An inquisitive mind which drives you to understand Google’s algorithms and predict what changes might be coming
- A good understanding of search engines
- An ability to understand social media platforms and how to use them to distribute content, gain more links and build successful campaigns
- A good understanding of PR and how to get the right messages out there
- An understanding of how customers search, where they search and why they purchase something online
- A good understanding of the wider marketing context
- Strong analytical skills for understanding ranking algorithms
- Excellent communication skills to educate, inform, manipulate and mediate across a number of stakeholders in an organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an excellent knowledge of Excel
- Some experience and knowledge of web hosting.
- Experience of freelance work.