At Designated, we consider our Finance Managers an integral part in supporting our clients success. We have a diverse and vibrant selection of clients who rely on us to manage their finances and we want to provide them a first class service.
As a Finance Manager your task is to manage and take control of all Designated clients’ financial responsibilities to allow our them to focus on other key areas. This is a dynamic and demanding role that requires you to build trust and loyalty with your clients to ensure effective working relationships.
You will act as an ambassador for Designated and a champion for our full suite of services. Your job is to ensure that Designated clients are given the best financial management support possible.
A Designated Finance Manager will provide financial management to one or several clients. Being able to manage a portfolio of clients requiring different levels of support across many different industries.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Keeping accurate financial records, processing income, receipts and payments.
- Balancing accounts (often known as ‘double entry bookkeeping’).
- Raising purchase orders, issuing and coding invoices.
- Clear record of financial transactions (income/expenditure) inline with tax authority requirements.
- Preparing statements, showing the company or department’s income and outgoings.
- Preparing wage packets and processing expense claims.
- Banking money and checking and verifying bank transactions.
- Issuing and balancing petty cash.
- VAT returns, tax and National Insurance paperwork, submitting employer payments and forms.
- Helping to prepare final accounts, such as profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
You will nurture and develop the professional relationship with Designated clients. Be confident to take ownership of tasks assigned to you either directly by the client or by Designated and ensure that deadlines are either met, or contingencies created.
- At least 5 years’ practical experience as a finance professional working across multiple industries and for different sized companies.
- Accounting qualification and online certification. (proof required)
- Experience working as sole charge or direct to Financial Director or Accountant.
- Excellent working knowledge of online accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, Sage essential.
- Anti-Money Laundering supervision certification – by either membership of an appropriate professional body or registration with HMRC. (proof required)
- Aptitude, adaptability and intelligence.
- Integrity, reliability, resourcefulness.
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Confidence and commitment.
- Technically astute and able to grasp new software/applications easily.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and electronic.
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and to work alone in a remote environment.
- Business acumen.
- Fully functional, high spec, efficient and up to date home office. (your home set up will be assessed to ensure its suitable and we can make recommendations for improvements if necessary)
- Confidence to take ownership and always look to find ways to further contribute to the success of the business as a whole.
- Ability to stand back and think outside the box.
- Experience of freelance work preferred by not essential.