At Designated, we consider our Bookkeepers an essential part in supporting our clients. We have a diverse and vibrant selection of clients who rely on us to support their finances and we want to provide them a first class service.
As a Bookeeper your task is to ensure you take control of all the financial administrative tasks to allow our clients to focus on other key areas. This is a dynamic and demanding role that requires you to build trust and loyalty with your clients to ensure effective working relationships.
You will act as an ambassador for Designated and a champion for our full suite of services. Your job is to ensure that Designated clients are given the best financial support possible.
A Designated Bookkeeper will provide financial administration to one or several clients. Being able to manage a portfolio of clients requiring different levels of support across many different industries. Tasks include but not limited to;
- Keeping accurate financial records, processing income, receipts and payments.
- Balancing accounts (often known as ‘double entry bookkeeping’).
- Raising purchase orders, issuing and coding invoices.
- Clear record of financial transactions (income/expenditure) inline with tax authority requirements.
- Preparing statements, showing the company or department’s income and outgoings.
- Preparing wage packets and processing expense claims.
- Banking money and checking and verifying bank transactions.
- Issuing and balancing petty cash.
- VAT returns, tax and National Insurance paperwork, submitting employer payments and forms.
- Helping to prepare final accounts, such as profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- You will nurture and develop the professional relationship with Designated clients.
- Be confident to take ownership of tasks assigned to you either directly by the client or by Designated and ensure that deadlines are either met, or contingencies created.